My Conversation With God!!!

|

Most of you might be thinking that what happened to MypikC, two posts and all gone. But frankly speaking that's not the case those two posts were not just flashes. Actually this time I wanted something good and serious (He he he you will actually find difficult to figure out something serious in my posts) to share with you. Though a lot has happened in my life since I last posted, but the one I felt the best I am going to share with you all.

After a long time finally we planned a trip for our bikers group MOB. Oops not planned but we actually completed the trip this time, because last time during our annual road trip we just couldn't manage to kick start the proceedings. At the very beginning I must clear one thing that this post has nothing to relate with the trip, nor about its details. For that we are planning something big and all the MOB members are working hard on it. Soon we will be up with some surprise so just watch out and till then keep guessing.

Enough of gyan guys (Don't know when people are in writing mode, they keep going on with words and sometime bore their audience, this applies to me as well), so straight to the point. I never actually felt the need of spiritual quotient in me, as though I believe in god specially when my ass is on fire weather it's an examination or any interview I always prefer to take the safer route, i.e. Bhagwaan Ki Sharan Mein , it also reminds me of the beautiful girl Sharan my classmate during MBA, ohh I forgot no more branching now. Channels like Aastha and Sanskar irritates me like anything, and gyan from all these Babas and Bapus get under my skin and bug me a lot. No offences to anybody as they are good in whatever they do.

Never ever in my life; sense of spirituality; feeling your soul and closer to the god crossed. But I will say 15 Aug 2008 changed my life for ever. It shook my thoughts and turned me upside down. The day I actually had a conversation with God. Prank, Joke or Just a gimmick to catch reader attention most of you might be feeling this way, but that’s actually not the truth. This happened recently with me during our grand road trip to Rohtang. It was the first day of driving and by that time we covered more than 400 KMs. Both me and Elena (my bike) were feeling tiered by that time (Actually age has taken it’s toll on our body though I am just 25 and she is 2.5 yrs old, but it shows). We had our last break and actually a good one at Cafe Coffee Day somewhere between Kalka and Shimla, it was already 5 pm and we thought we will do Shimla, some 80 odd KMs non-stop. Quite a brave decision I must say.

Since the sky was already dusky so we thought to up the ante and speed up our convoy, but the conditions were almost inhospitable no ways we could manage more than 25 Km/h. I was pissed with the road condition and it was raining also, with so many potholes and big SUVs and trucks occupying the entire road there was no chance for me to overtake them. In addition to that I was driving the smallest capacity bike a 125 cc Discover, with lots of luggage at the back (Also I am the official Coolie of the group). A thought came of racing with these vehicles, pretty insane one. I just twisted the throttle and the speedo moved east, and within seconds I was playing Roadrash Demo version live on the roads. First there was a bugging Audi Q 7 in front of me which I crossed and after that a small competition between me and the driver started, he crossed me several time and I was pushing hard to keep up with his pace in the mountains. With no ABS, EBD, disc brakes, traction control, all wheel drive in my bike I was pushing my luck and body to the limits. By this time a thought came in my mind that how Doctor (Valentino Rossi my idol) keep pace over the corners of Moto GP circuits and within seconds I was Zip Zap Zoom, bending my knees, tilting my body, gathering pace in the corners I thrashed that Audi by miles. But here the story begins.

It was over 10 – 15 minutes of racing with that Audi and ideally I should have slowed down after I crossed it for the final time, but exactly the opposite happened. With each crossing mile it seemed the engine was gaining an extra horse. It felt as I was driving a 250 cc bike, the corners smoothened up; the jerks mellowed down; and the world outside seemed to move slowly. (As if I was in a computer generated world doing some time-speed motions) Cars after cars I was overtaking each and every moving vehicle. Nobody was there to challenge me. After a while it felt like I overtook the entire world. Then started a patch were there was landslides all around, trees were lying on the roads, small pieces of rocks trembling down the mountain, rain water flowing in streams on roads, I felt as if the world was going to end. I was driving through all these like a Ghost Rider, there was a slight fear in my head but my heart was oozing with adrenaline. I looked at the speedometer it showed 60 Km/h, I was amazed that on roads were driving at 40 Km/h was so difficult how I was managing that speed, it felt as if somebody was sitting at the pillion seat and encouraging me, but “I never turned back” I crouched myself and zoomed further.

The sun looked like amber and was hiding behind mountains. I planned to reach Shimla before sunset. Corners after corners I increased the speed, the tyre gripped the road like a leach, throttle was butter smooth, and I was registering faster corner speed. Suddenly somebody sitting at the back whispered in my ears to go as fast as I can, nothing will happen. I pushed myself further and was actually able to do that, it felt as I was driving on God Mode, I was confident that I will reach Shimla before sunset. I was feeling like God, immortal not abided by the rules of this world. All of a sudden the person at the back tapped my shoulder and I felt a shiver down my spine, I lost control on the bike for a second and than it was alright. I got the clear message from God that now my dream drive was over.

I looked at the other side of the hill there was a huge rainbow, suddenly the sun shined brighter, peter patter rain drops, and my rendezvous with god. It felt as if I can see my soul at that point of time. That feeling of contentment never happened before in my life. I slowed down and drove the last 10 Km somewhat humanly. Now with sun almost at the other side of the mountain, artificial lights were creating a mesmerizing view. It was like as if the entire mountain was studded with stars. I thanked God for showing me such a beautiful scene, I realized that just to show this scenic beauty, he tapped my shoulder to slow down.

Finally I ended my journey near Shimla Bus Stop; it was 7:50 pm in my watch. I waited for rest of the bikers to join me. That ways I ended the journey of my life. I wish many more trip like this in future, but I know conversation with God happen only once in a lifetime. In the night when I was lying on the bed only one question crossed my mind.

I wish I would have turned back...

SR


4 comments:

Ramit said...

A writer emerges!...Thats all I can say after reading this post. Your first two posts did showcase you as a strong contender but never knew you would bring out your thoughts in such a beautiful way...
This post also proves the fact that once you are writing about something close to your heart like your passion, the standards take a new high and thats what hapened on this occasion...
Keep rocking buddy!..May your journey have more beautiful turns on the way and May God always be your side guiding you!

Cheers!
Ramit

Unknown said...

Great experience indeed, infact all of us experience this in our own ways while pursuing our passion and there is no limit to it. Soul takes over your mind and body & you reach to such heights of contentment that you forget everything. Wow I am trying to feel that speed when vehicle is moving on sharp turns giving that tingling feel in your stomach and strange bowel movement. These kinds of experience we all require, to boost ourselves and to reach a point, where starts a different level of maturity and experience. This is the rarest of experience and you are fortunate that you had this. Wish you have these rarest experiences in times to come and to us too as our heart goes pure and soul serene.

gee2 said...

A writer, a keen observer, a introspector (not sure of this word!). I just loved it...It left me with a feeling of such contentment as if I have just gone through the whole journey myself.
Nothing can describe it better when you can visualize it while reading. You actually don’t know when you start getting so much involved while reading. A nice flow of thoughts, which keeps one implicated.
Looking forward to have more of blogs from your end. Keep alive and nurture this writer in you. Wish you all the best. May your life is filled with more of contented experiences.


Loadsa choicest wishes
Geetu

Unknown said...

An experience which truely shows that how deep you can feel, when you really wish to achieve something,,i never thought that you could be so clear in expressing your feeling and especially the guidance given by god to you ,,,, i hope he will always support you and you will always listen to him as teh way you slow down during the journey at the end to look at the scenic beauty that he wanted to show u , may god bless u sujay and i wish you get more chances to listen that silent voice evrytime.


Your Ad Here